thrifted book haul & other finds

13 March 2023

 


hello dolls, dears, & teddy bears ♡

i was able to get quite a lot of wonderful thrift finds 
throughout the past couple weeks and wanted to share what 
i had collected ྀི꒰ใฃ´เผฅ`ฯ‚꒱

first, i actually had my first book haul of the year!
it's been years that i've been able to get soso many books 
around the same time, but these are ones i've desired 
for a pretty long while now.. 

Inkworld Trilogy
the Inkworld Trilogy was amongst the very top of my 
favourite books back between late elementry and through middle school
these books influenced me so much as a child, and i 
reallyreally wanted to get them years ago but the cost was too 
much for my parents who couldn't justify spending extra money 
on a book series which i already read by borrowing from the library 
which i understood, as heartbreaking as it was.. 

but, recently after recieving money from my mom as a gift i chose to finally 
find and order myself used copies of the series because 
i literally had a dream about the story and knew- 
its time. i need to finally fulfill the wish of 12 year old me 
and also reread this series! 

though, admittedly, i am just a little worried about how my perception 
of the story will change now that i am an adult.. 
but, that's a part of growing up isn't it?
꒰ ៸៸ ◞ ˕ ◟ ៸៸ ꒱

Dracula
remember how in my last post i brought up about rereading Dracula 
through Dracula Daily last year? well.... 
i decided it was about time I get the actual novel for my collection too
considering it's one of my favourite pieces of gothic literature
i've actually been searching for a used copy for the past 3 years honestly, 
but just now found one with a cover that i actually liked.. 

gifts from grandma
these next "thrifted finds" actually were given to me free from my 
grandma who had recieved them from a neighbor friend of hers who 
was moving out ꒰ྀི เน‘ ´ ˘ ` ू ꒱ྀི

the pretty lady in white is a candle holder (i think), 
and am really eager to have something like her in my collection~ 

next is the Victorian Flowers & Fairies Photo Album which is 
really beautiful, i just have to figure out what pictures to 
include on the inside..

then there is the Kodacolor Puzzle that features an antique bisque doll 
which i can't wait to put together
it's been a very long time i did puzzles, i never did one this size before..

my thriftstore finds
finally, here are my lucky finds from the thriftstore i brought back 
with me this time- how cute are these figurines? ꒰ྀི เธ…́˘เธ…̀ ྀི꒱

if youre hoping to find them for your own collection the one to 
the left is:
TEDDY ANGELS
"LOVE GIVES OUR HEARTS WINGS."
Honey
1994 United Designs 

and the one to the right is:
YESTERDAY'S CHILD
THE DOLLSTONE COLLECTION
"Live Innocently, God is Here." - Linnaeus
The Celebration Series, No. 7
1998 THE BOYDS COLLECTION

there was also a pretty praying porcelain doll i 
was so close to bringing with me too but, 
ultimately left her behind because she was unable 
to support herself and i don't have any more doll stands 
around;;
(plus i really want to save my money for a game anyways)

well, before this ends up incredibly long, 
will cut it here before i ramble about various other things-
i'll save my updates on my schneekugel der rosen outline progress 
for the next one

thank you for visiting~
goodnight my dears and do take care,
♡๐’ท๐’ถ๐’ท๐“Ž๐’น๐“ธ๐“๐“๐“ฎ♡