new years resolutions

08 January 2023

 


hello dolls, dears, & teddy bears ꒰ྀི ๑ ´ ˘ ` ू ꒱ྀི

it is the new year, thank goodness!
and with new years comes new resolutions, which i am eager to share!
this was also my first year combining my journaling, scrapbooking, & sketchbook
together as one rather than keep them seperated..
i think it looks quite cute! i just wish i had more to work with 
꒰⸝⸝´ㅁˋ⸝⸝꒱ ྀི




୨୧꒰ resolutions 2023꒱୨୧
♡ prioritize schneekugel der rosen┊ my main goal this year is to complete the current drafts for schneekugel der rosen, maybe more?

♡ focus on personal illustrations┊ this year i would like to actually focus on making completed illustrations for myself/my projects, something which i haven't done in a longlong time;;

♡ officially open art commissions┊ although i do currently accept art commissions i do not have a proper site and form which would make things so much more convienant..

♡ complete an art challenge┊ i have a number of #DTIYS challenge posts saved back from as far back as 2018 that i have never gotten around to- so i hope this year to complete at least one of them! and perhaps a monthly challenge too if i get the chance.. 

♡ read more literature┊ i went for a long time without reading and last year began to readjusting to it, so this year hope to read more books throughout this year and share what i read here

♡ no overworking┊ i have a lot of struggle with not overworking myself, so this year would like to be more mindful of my body's needs and allow it to rest before things get too much..



︶︶︶ ⊹ ︶︶︶⠀୨♡୧⠀︶︶︶ ⊹ ︶︶︶

besides my new years resolutions page in my scrapbook sketch journal, i actually have another journal am working in this year too which is dedicated to my art studies
in previous years these were mixed into my normal sketchbook, but last year when i was out shopping in prepartion for this years sketchbooks decided to buy two instead of one- and it just wasn't because there was a good deal going on that saved me money ꒰ though it was part of it꒰ྀི ៸៸៸៸ ก꒱ྀི
so now i have a seperate book just to showcase my art studies!

i take art studies veryvery seriously and it is something which i highly encourage all artists to do no matter your style. even if not as dedicated as i am too it, even doing it once in awhile could be incredibly helpful in your journey!
personally it has helped me improve a lot with my illustrations because i have a better understanding on what am drawing. i know how to break the shapes down and stylise them when i want to..

before i go off on a tangent, i completed two studies recently!

first is a studies on roses, i really hope to make mine begin to look a little more realistic this year so will be doing a lot of these. i'll be making painted studies eventually, but for now am just working on understanding the structure as seen by the simple doodles to the side 

 
the second studies is two pages focused on studying stained glass windows. admittedly, am really unahppy with my current outcomes as they feel very messy and uneven! but that is okay, i'll just have to try again another time..


︶︶︶ ⊹ ︶︶︶⠀୨♡୧⠀︶︶︶ ⊹ ︶︶︶

next here is a couple other little illustrations i worked on this week ♡


i made my first warm-up illustration for the year, a little painting of a baby teddy bear i called honey milk. ill be selling this at a later time so keep an eye out on my instagram when it'll be available amongst my older warm up paintings if it's something you're fond of 
꒰ྀི ฅ́˘ฅ̀ ྀི꒱


and now a digital concept sketch of my character princess rosemarie bonnet beaufort in my shoujo style, she's for a potential webcomic project based off a story/comic idea i originally wrote in my early childhood ♡ i had a lot of fun with the lace brush in clip studio paint with this! ill likely rely on it for comic projects to ease the process 


︶︶︶ ⊹ ︶︶︶⠀୨♡୧⠀︶︶︶ ⊹ ︶︶︶

finally, i would like to end on a more serious note.
details are vague but this is a bit of senstive topic

it's been something i've spoken of quite a bit throughout the past couple years regarding my social media usage and my future of it, especially since there is a lot more new faces now compared to before who may be unfamliar with my thoughts..

....

my relationship with social media, especially sites like instagram, has been incredibly unhealthy;;
it corrupted my value of self, my relationship with my art, and i was exposed to content and people i should have never been at a pretty young age in spaces that should have been safe.. 

back when i was 13/14 when i was active on deviantart and facebook, i almost ended up inpatient at the hospital because of a couple of online related incidents that still haunts me- that i have only been able to start moving forward from within the past couple months.. 
i remember the nurse who was talking to me suggested i need to get offline or at least not be on it too often- to restrict my access, i also remember scoffing at such an idea- everyone was online nowadays! and i, more than anything, was growing dependant on the immediate attention recieved, desiring popularity like other artists i looked up to so i could live my then dream as full-time artist

and well, looking back.... the nurse was right-
i really did need to get offline or have my access restricted because i was only hurting myself
numbers became more important and i started to bury what i liked in an attempt of being as appealing to as many people as i could.. 

so in recent years i've gotten better at distancing myself from social media,
taking hiatus when i feel the need to and restricting access for certain lengths of time..
my wellbeing has signifantly improved during those times
i no longer care about numbers, or fame
i just care about being me and whoever tags along, tags along
its why i no longer celebrate follower milestones, it doesn't feel good anymore..

ive always had an interest in web design, i recall some of the earlier internet days when blogs were still common. i adore how personal they are, how customised they are compared to the sterile minimilistic look major sites have nowadays..
that is what influenced me to create my blog in the first place, and eventually plan to have a website too. that is why my online activity will navigate back to here now.. 

regarding my social media accounts, they'll remain for the time being
i'll be using them, instagram especially, as a means to update on activity around the blog. as for normal posts, they'll be mostly limited to commissions, art sale advertisements, holidays/seasonal art, and the occassional art challenge
ill also be sticking around so i can continue to support my friends, mutuals, and inspirations who remain within those sites. they are the reason i could truly never let go, even now..
however, to prevent myself from falling into endless scrolling given myself a timelimit of 30 minutes-1 hour a day on social media sites. its been a few days i started doing this and am already seeing improvent!
꒰ྀི ◌´ `◌ ྀི꒱

well, it's getting quite late and this is getting a bit long isn't it?
thank you for reading, i hope you visit again soon

goodnight my dears
♡𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎𝒹𝓸𝓁𝓁𝓮♡