antiqueing with grandma

22 January 2023



hello dolls, dears, & teddy bears,

atlhough this week was still stressful it was
still better than the previous so am thankful..
i got to visit with my grandma which helped,
she's the only person in my immediate family who 
shares my love of antique and vintage items

earlier in the week i went to her apartment to help 
put away her christmas bins, and then she was
showing me a lot of old valentines cards that were hers 
or her parents or her grandparents! 
below i took a reference photo of the card which was gifted to her by
my late grandfather decades ago. it it a reproduction of 
an antique valentine's card ♡ 


then on friday we went out to the antique shoppe not 
far from where she lives, my first trip to it this year 
though apparently weve been there enough times now 
since it opened a few years ago that
the store owner recogises us- 
ive never been a "regular" before ꒰ྀི ៸៸៸៸ เธ꒱ྀི

since it's almost febuary they had a lot of their 
antique & vintage valentine items displayed for sale!
now, i really shouldn't have because i need to save up my money 
but... decided to treat myself and buy a few vintage cards 
for my old card collection.. 
they were all cheap, no more than $1-$2 each


my heart aches though thinking about the $20 
valentines box of old cards out of my budget for the trip..
my grandma mentioned taking out my great-grandmother's
(or was it great-aunt's?) old valentines and letting me 
choose some from hers to add to my collection 
since she likes the idea of me keeping them in the family 
when/if that happens will certainly share what i get from that
 ꒰ ྀི◞͈ ˔ ◟͈ ྀི꒱

︶︶︶ ⊹ ︶︶︶⠀เญจ♡เญง⠀︶︶︶ ⊹ ︶︶︶

i didn't work on many paintings this week, 
besides finishing up the teddy bear painting i shared last week.
i will not be sharing the final result until i am able 
to get a quality photo for the digital archives 
(that'll probably not happen until febuary since am busy;;)

i started up a new wip this week however!
this is another long overdue birthday painting for 
my dear friend Rosie of her characters maxine & toby-
my longtime favourites of her dolly story world Rosenatheria ♡

the area of the paper where the illustration is has 
been given a light tea stain wash as i would like this to 
feel more aged. am finding it more and more fun to do ♡ 

the second is the "antique doll ad" and related accessories set i 
made for Goatlings. i entered the design into three official contests in hopes 
that maybe it'll be chosen for one of them: the monthly "design-a-goatling" 
whose theme is palace garden, the "diamond dust/fundraiser", & for the "battle center"..
the submission period is ending quite soon so if i get lucky will be sure 
to share! but if not that is okay because ill have at least one more 
oppurnity for this design when it comes time for the 
spring goat token game submissions  ꒰ྀི เธ…́˘เธ…̀ ྀི꒱



 ︶︶︶ ⊹ ︶︶︶⠀เญจ♡เญง⠀︶︶︶ ⊹ ︶︶︶

finally i have more sketchbook works to share this week 
꒰ྀི ◌´ `◌ ྀི꒱

the first relates to last week's schneekugel der rosen
 sketch as it's going to be a four parts..
i introduced "eins" the previous sunday, so this sunday is "zwei",
dolle's second life

dolle rosenheart 
(zwei)
"i can't trust anyone, not even myself, so why do you still
insist to be with me?"
"i only wish to return to that dream...."

while "eins" is based from a much earlier time the majority 
of you wouldn't have met, "zwei" may spark 
some familiarity..
did you know me when i used to be called plushiemothdoll?
as before, more details will be shared around each life in a dedicated post..

and last for this week, i made art studies again
this is the start of my "toy anatomy" studies in 
the doll cateogatory
this week i studied the French "bebe" style bisque dolls 
with the leather body ♡
this is one of the main body types i use for my doll characters 
so find it important i understand it better



thank you once again for visiting, 
until next time..
goodnight my dears
♡๐’ท๐’ถ๐’ท๐“Ž๐’น๐“ธ๐“๐“๐“ฎ♡